Atheist Answers #5: God Gives Us Free Will - playtunez.com
Published: 2 years ago By: Underlings
By: UnderlingsPublished: 2 years ago
329 Likes 12 Dislikes
"Atheist Answers" responds to common claims made by Christian (and other religion) apologists. Today's video responds to the claim that the God gives us free will so that we can choose whether to follow him.
Biblical evidence that God determines EVERYTHING, including our very steps:
God Determines Everything, Including Who Will Be Saved:
• Proverbs 16:4 The LORD works out everything to its proper end. [Not just some things..."EVERYTHING."]
• Proverbs 16:9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.
• Proverbs 16:33 The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD.
• Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
• Proverbs 20:24 A person's steps are directed by the LORD.
• John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them. [That means only God decides who will be saved and who won't.]
• Acts 13:48 and all who were appointed for eternal life believed. [Those who come to believe in God were appointed to do so.]
• Romans 8:7-8 Because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
• Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope.
• Romans 9:19-21 "You will say to me then, 'Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?' On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, 'Why did you make me like this,' will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use?"
• Ephesians 1:11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.
• Jeremiah 10:23 LORD, I know that people's lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps.
• Jeremiah 43:11 He will come and attack Egypt, bringing death to those destined for death, captivity to those destined for captivity, and the sword to those destined for the sword.
• Isaiah 14:27 For the LORD Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him?
• Isaiah 37:26 Have you not heard? Long ago I ordained it. In days of old I planned it; now I have brought it to pass.
• Amos 3:6 Does disaster come to a city, unless the Lord has done it? [People don't cause disaster unless God makes them do it.]
• Job 42:1-2 Then Job answered the LORD and said, "I know that You can do all things, And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted."
• Psalm 37:23 A man's steps are established by the LORD, and the LORD delights in his way. [Only an evil God would delight in establishing a man's steps to take the wrong path.]
• Psalm 139:16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.